Taken in October 1978
HHT&N 260
Date (of image) : 1978
Part of the "Library" collection
Location
Village on the Tees Road formed around 1920 when William Gray opened a shipyard closer to Teesmouth and housing was built for workers. A school opened in 1926 and there was a thriving community for many years.
The site of the village exists now as an industrial estate and Graythorp dock is used for the dismantling of oil rigs amongst other things.
More detail »